Been a little busy these few weeks.
Slight changes(but why do I feel is such a huge change) at work,
Thus no time for me to blog.><
But here I'm today to blog about something interesting...
Bought 2 mushrooms growing kits from Poppletots Lee from FB.
Thought of letting Dante gets e concept of growing...
BUT!!!
end up is Mi,Hubby and Sil busy taking care of the mushrooms.-.-"
Here's one of the kit!
I did both as open concept.
Open concept produces more mushrooms but in many different sizes,
while close concept produces lesser mushrooms but bigger in sizes.
Here's the cheeky boy who I wanted to get involved in the mushroom growing...
Dug out the sawdust....
I unwrap the whole mushrooms kit.
Ask Dante to help me hold the spray bottle.
But as usual,he is so unwilling.
Bought this cute HELLO KITTY spray bottle from Daiso!
Place it inside my toilet.LOL!
Coz that's e only place that is humit and no sunlight!LOL!~
I shift it to the shelves outside the toilet the very next day as I feel so dirty to place it in the toilet.LOL!
The kit remains the same for three days...
I was so upset thinking that it will never grow!
But after asking poppletots,she ask me to 'shower' the mushrooms kit with shower head.
I did and it started growing the very next day!
Because I was suppose to mist it 3-5times a day but as I was working,
I can only spray it twice a day thus it didnt grow!
Spot the small small sprouts!
Closer look!
On the 5th day I think,I decided to open up the other one just in case it will not grow after being kept for so long!
Spot the 1st one growing growing growing...
Closer look!
By the 6th or 7th day,it was ready to be harvest.I din get to cook it as I place it in the fridge and it turns out to be dried.:(
The mushrooms I harvest from the first kit.
This is the 2nd kit.
I soak it in water for 2days,as I'm afraid inside has dried up after keeping it for awhile.
It grew quite fast after that.
Faster than my 1st kit.
Faster than my 1st kit.
Growing growing growing!
But one side did not grow at all!
Was so upset and I keep spraying water on it!
NOTHING GROW STILL!
By 4th or 5th day,it was ready to be harvest.
SIL harvest for me as I was at work and she told me the mushrooms are shrinking!!!
The 2nd batch of mushrooms being harvest.
Cooked it in campbell mushroom soup!
It taste just like normal mushrooms but it was so much more yummy as I grew it myself!
Haha!
I wrapped the 2kits up with glad wrap already.
1st kit I just wrap without sprayng water first and 2nd kit I shower it with water before I wrap it.
Gonna restart growing my mushrooms soon!
Was told we can grow 4-5times with the kits,but not 100% sure can grow so many times!
I shall try growing as many times as I can!^^
Till then....


No comments:
Post a Comment