Saturday, December 08, 2012

The birth story of Chua En You,Draco

Not many people know I was pregnant with Draco.
I kept the news as a secret,only a few people who saw me and my good friends know I was pregnant.
I was afraid I will lost Draco like how I lost Donte by breaking the news to everyone.

Thursday 22.11.2012
I was rolling on bed since I don't know what time with Dante.
I continue to roll on the bed after Dante slept.
I couldn't sleep as Vi is out for night work.

When he came back at 2+am,we went to bed.
But when I want to lie down,I feel a gush of water flowing out.
I thought I was thinking too much,but when I move again...
The water flows out again!

Told Vi about it and he ask if I want to head down to KKH.
I don't want to as Dante is asleep and I know he will get upset without seeing me when he wakes up the next morning.
Told Vi I shall observe first.

I still thought it was nothing.
But to play safe,I went to the toilet to check.
Nope,no water was flowing out.
But I decided to put on a pad just in case.

Head back to bed and I tried to sleep.
I cough and I can feel water flowing out again.
My sixth sense tells me,"Hey is time to head down to KKH!"

Told Vi about it and he went to wake MIL to take care of Dante.
I went for a quick bath then.

When I was preparing,Dante woke up due to the noise I made.
Tried to pat him back to sleep but he can't sleep back as he know I'm heading out without him.
He keep giving me the very upset face.:(

And in between while coaxing Dante,I can feel mild contractions.

He was afraid of me leaving him behind and he refuse MIL to accompany him.
Neither does he want to go to my mom's place.
HE JUST WANTED ME TO BE BY HIS SIDE.:(

My last resort was to on Dinosaur Train for Dante to watch till he fall asleep.
I gave him his piglet,his woof woof and surround him with lots of bolsters before I left.

Told MIL to just let him watch till he sleep.

I eventually left the house at around 4am.

When I reach KKH delivery suite,it was already around 430am.
Was asked a few questions to confirm my water bag is leaking before heading to the room.

Was strap to the CTG machine.

Wanted to sleep but couldn't as I was so worried about Dante.

A doctor came and check on my dilation at around 530am.
I was only 5cm dilated.
A week ago I was 4cm dilated during my check up.
And I was suppose to have another check up in the afternoon on that day!!!
And I was suppose to have a meet up with Esther Love and Eve Baobao on that day lo.!><

Rested & the contractions start to get more and more painful!
Asked for the epidural around 630am.
Doctor told me usually 1cm will take an hour so I thought I will only deliver at 10+am.

After getting the epidural,I tried to rest but couldn't as the epidural doesn't seems to flow to my right side.
Tried lying on my right don't work at all.
I tried giving myself more dosage of the epidural.(They don't have this when I was delivering Dante.)
But no use.:(

Dr SL Goh came and check on me before 7am and left.

As the epidural doesn't seems to work on my right side despite self giving more dosages,the nurse then checked my dilation at around 7+am.
Poof!Draco's head is already there.><
Nurse told me is because he is pushing his way down,that's why the epidural didn't flow to my right side.

The nurse still ask Vi if he is ok,I went "He is ok for sure,cause the one in pain is me!"
But she explain that some husbands might be afraid of the blood and all.

Then the nurse did her preparation.
And got someone to get Dr SL Goh to come in.
While waiting for Dr SL Goh,the nurse asked me to push.
I tried pushing but is just so hard to push.

Dr Goh and the nurse were nice and patient,teaching me the technique to push.
And I was holding onto Vi's hand while pushing.

After pushing for half an hour(I think so),Draco arrived in this world at 8+am.
I stared at him for very long while the nurse do the suction for him as I didn't hear any cries from him.
I got so worried but he let out his cries once the nurse stop the suction.
Then I feel relieved!

After all the cleaning up and weighing,he was placed on my chest for skin to skin contact.
But he was struggling to suck something!
Called the nurse in to wrap him up then I proceed to breast feed him for the first time!

After which he was send up to the nursery before me,as I was so hungry that I request for breakfast and had it as delivery suite.
But I end up not eating much due to no appetite.><

Labour was really short.
From the leaking of water bag till I deliver Draco,it was less than 6hours.
Maybe is due to me having to take care of Dante,carry him etc despite being pregnant with Draco.

That's the birth story of Chua En You,Draco.
Our 3rd bundle of joy.
He was a hope for us,or at least me.
He was given to us shortly after Donte left.
He is definitely not a replacement of Donte.
He is Draco,my hope.

No comments: